Gratitude and Improvement suggestions
I have been working with your system about a year ago, through our Helping Hands work in recovery from the flood hitting Lismore, NSW, Australia.
First of all - I want to say thank you. From the bottom of my heart. Your website has been such a helpful tool, and it was so useful in those first weeks. Thank you thank you.
I found a note that I wrote with some suggestions for improvement (yes, it's been a hectic year, who had time to do anything other than work?). I thought it might be a useful feedback, even after a year....
So here are a few suggestions that at the time I found could really improve the efficiency of the work with the Recovers system post disaster:
- In the person's personal details section, for the last entry to show (so we could see if the file was closed and they prefer no contact, for example).
- Ability to join two people under the same file (for example, spouses). This saves time, misunderstanding, and duplication when support is provided to certain household.
- When time is shown for each entry, it would be useful to know how many days ago but also what date and time it was written (it takes extra mental capacity to start calculating dates, and in these hectic times there is definitely lack of that)
- Search by more than one search term (for example cleanup and well being)
- Seeing the address under initial details under name, email, number (this would have been useful when we were sending vollies to certain streets)
- Ability to update contact (e.g. when we had the wrong number)
I'm happy to explain further any of these if necessary, feel free to contact me at any time.
Thank you again for doing what you do. You rock.
Much love and gratitude,